Jay Tummelson of Rio Grande Games in co-operation with WBC invites you to return to an easier day when home entertainment didn't require an electric outlet and the town soda shop was the center of teen social life. Step back in time to Frankie & Vinnie's - a 50's era nightclub - as we combine boardgames and ice cream for a rollickin' old fashioned good time.
Join Jay and his merry band as they teach all the latest games from Europe that Rio Grande will be producing. Sit down and play any of their quick-playing games and earn a chance at the raffle to win a free sundae! The more you play, the more chances you have to win. There will be milkshake drawings daily at 7 PM.
Cafe Jay Gaming Hours:
Tuesday: 6 PM - midnight
Wednesday: 10 AM - midnight
Thursday-Saturday: 9 AM - midnight
Sunday: 9AM - 4 PM
Food & Beverage Voucher Program
This year, guests staying at Hunt Valley Inn will receive meal
vouchers as part of their daily rate. Cafe Jay is one of the locations
where these vouchers may be used.
1. Upon check-in, front desk will distribute to each guest room $30.00 in Food & Beverage Vouchers per room night. Vouchers will be presented in denominations of $10.00. Each $10.00 represents purchasing value toward food, beverages, or gratuity. All Voucher purchases are subject to an automatic 20% Gratuity added to each check. Food & Beverage Voucher portion of the rate is subject to applicable state tax (currently 5%) at the time of check-in.
2. Vouchers have no cash value and may not be redeemed for any amount of cash. If entire amount of Voucher is not redeemed, change will not be provided. Vouchers cannot be used to pay for meals signed to a room.
3. Vouchers are valid only from noon to midnight during the official program dates of Tuesday, July 29, 2003 through Sunday, August 3, 2003.
4. Vouchers will only be valid in the following Food & Beverage Outlets: Cinnamon Tree Restaurant, Paddock Lounge, and the Frankie & Vinnie (Cafe Jay) Concession Area (inclusive of the gazebo patio barbecue).
5. The Food & Beverage Voucher program will not be in effect before July 29th or after August 3rd. That will be reflected in a base rate of $95 per day for those staying at HVI during and prior to WBC at the various pre-cons. Those making reservations via the national reservation service will be quoted the higher rate, but adjustments will be made manually on site for the lower rate sans vouchers.
out Cafe Jay's revised menu ...
These items available Wednesday - Saturday, noon till 9 PM:
· assorted beverages and snacks
· turkey & cheddar cheese subs
· assorted salads & Italian cold cut subs
· burgers & chicken breast sandwiches - cooked to order
· fries and onion rings - cooked to order
· rootbeer or cherry floats and ice cream sundaes
Hot Daily Meal Specials:
Lunch: 12 - 2 PM; Dinner: 6 - 9 PM
· Wednesday Lunch: 12" Pizza
· Dinner: Oriental Station with choice of Sweet & Sour Chicken or Beef Teriyaki
· Thursday Lunch: Mexican Station with Corn Tacos filled with Mexican chicken, grilled peppers and onions and Spanish Rice. Side station of lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream and salsa.
· Dinner: Texas B-B-Q Station - Slices of barbecued brisket of beef on Cowboy Beans.
· Friday Lunch: Philly Cheese Steak or Philly Chicken Steak and Chips
· Dinner: Italian Station with Bowtie Pasta and choice of Marinara or Alfredo Sauce, sliced grilled chicken or mushrooms, Garlic Bread.
· Saturday Lunch: "Sloppy Joe" · Dinner: Spaghetti with choice of meat or tomato sauce, Italian bread, and small salad
Learning your A, B, C's ...
The Teaching Demonstration hours at Frankie & Vinnie's
are relatively new. In years past, our B (Beginner) events were
preceded by an hour wherein the GM tried to give newcomers a quick
lesson in how to play - a noble gesture that worked better in
theory than practise.
* The GM couldn't always be found within a busy ballroom.
* The public rarely arrived together at the appointed time, often appearing in dribs and drabs right up to, and often after, the official starting time - along with other early arrivals - thus causing our harried GM to abort his started lesson and begin anew - often at the expense of the timely start of the event.
* The preceding teaching hour added to the clutter of crowded rooms - making it difficult to secure the necessary space in the transition between starting and ending events.
Now B (Beginner) events are taught in Frankie & Vinnie's at a predesignated time and table - with food and drink close by in Cafe Jay. The GM - who very much wants to introduce new players to the event - will now give you undivided attention and be easy to find next to the event kiosk at the designated table and time. However, you bear the burden of being on time. A GM who has no takers for his teaching seminar is free to leave after 15 minutes.
Do not ask to be taught how to play at an A- or B-rated event. The GM who does so is shortchanging the event's other players. Our GMs are donating their game time to man these teaching hours. Please thank them by adhering to the published schedule for the lessons.
A (Advanced) Events: Events classified as A (Advanced) require that you at least have read the rules before entry. Please understand that some players have travelled extensively in the expectation of challenging matches in their favorite game. It is not fair to them or you to be paired with someone expecting to be shown how to play. Neither of you is likely to enjoy the experience.
C (Coached) Events: Events classified as C actually provide instruction during or before the event. No prior experience of any kind is necessary to play. These games tend to be very simple and/or the GM is willing to dedicate the time required to teach you during the events scheduled playing time.
|Day & Time||Table 1||Table 2||Table 3||Table 4||Table 5||Table 6|
|Tuesday Tu18 6 PM||AUC||AFK||COG||EPB||CAR||MOV|
|Tu19 7 PM||ACV||QGB||TIM||210|
|Tu20 8 PM||RA!||MEX||TJM||SOA||BZA||GSR|
|Tu21 9 PM||TTN||CMN||BKN||EUR|
|Tu22 10 PM||MOA||KGM||BAT||210||POF|
|Wednesday 9 AM||*1 BPA Meeting|
|We10 10 AM||8XX||GC2||WTP||SOA||TTA||210|
|We11 11 AM||MAR||DLW||HEL||CME||MOA|
|We13 1 PM||CIV||BTF||PDT||HOS||**Manifest Destiny||MED|
|We14 2 PM||CMS||776||FMR||PZB|
|We15 3 PM||ILL||Sword of Rome**|
|We16 4 PM||TKL||EAW||SAR|
|We17 5 PM||KRM||FBS||WAS||SSS||AMR|
|We18 6 PM||ACV||Battlelines****|
|We19 7 PM||NAP|
|We21 9 PM||AHD|
|We22 10 PM||WZQ||BBY||FDE||RA!|
|Thursday 10 AM||210|
|Th12 Noon||NW2||MOA||**Manifest Destiny|
|Th13 1 PM||Wind of Plunder**|
|Th15 3 PM||LIB||Sword of Rome**|
|Th16 4 PM||TVW||LST|
|Th17 5 PM||VPT||TRC||JUN|
|Th18 6 PM||PRO||Battlelines****|
|Th19 7 PM||VNC|
|Th22 10 PM||GSR|
|Friday 9 AM||ACW||5FT||DIF||MGM|
|Fr14 2 PM||Sword of Rome**|
|Fr16 4 PM||NVW||EAW||VPT|
|Fr17 5 PM||SCT||Battlelines****|
|Fr19 7 PM||MOA|
|Saturday 9 AM||**Europe Engulfed|
|Sunday 8 AM||***Armistice|
|Su9 9 AM||EIS||ATS|