|Last updated June 26, 2022
|You may play if you have read the rules, played previously, or participated in a scheduled demo. Be on time for the scheduled demonstration. The GM will remain for only 15 minutes if no one is present.
|Exhibit Hall Annex Table #1
There will be three preliminary heats. 4 player games are the norm but if the field forces a 3- or 5-player game, winner percentages will be adjusted for semifinal seeding. The top 16 players over the three heats will advance to the semifinals with those four winners advancing to the Final.
All players must write their name, badge ID number and final cash score on the results sheet and return it to the Game Master. The GM will provide rulings on any queries that occur. Complete each game in the time allowed. Game assignments will be done randomly while trying to minimize family, friends, and teammates from the same games. Games can be played on any style of board (wooden, 3M, AH or Hasbro). The default board will be decided with the assignment of tables from those providing games. If all the players agree and another board is provided by one of them, the board type may be changed.
- All tournament games will be 4-player if possible. In the event of the number of entrants not being a multiple of four, then there will be 3- or 5-player boards as required to make the count correct. These will be allocated at random.
- Seating is random. The lowest lettered tile starts. In the case of a tie, the player drawing the tile with the lowest number starts.
- If two (or more) of these tiles are adjacent, they do not form a hotel chain. Instead, a player must add another tile to the group to form a chain. They then get the free share for starting the chain.
- Your turn ends when you pick up a replacement tile. Play then passes to the next player, and shares can no longer be purchased.
- Games should be played with all shares and cash visible in a pile, and remaining in plain view at all times. Further inspection of said piles for exact quantities and/or keeping a record of transactions is not allowed.
- When purchasing shares, players must announce what they are buying and how much they are paying. People may inquire what stock others purchased their last game turn.
- You are not obliged to end the game if you do not wish to and think that it is to your advantage to continue. If you do end the game however, you may end it at any point in your turn.
- In the event of a tile being played that merges three or four chains, the largest chain takes over the others. It takes over the subsidiaries in order from largest to smallest. In the case of a tie, the player who laid the tile chooses the order.
- Once a piece has been placed on the board, it cannot be retracted.
- If a piece is placed in the wrong location, it is placed in the correct location and play proceeds normally.
- If a piece is discovered in to have been wrongly placed in a previous turn, the piece is considered to be in the correct location. If the correct tile is held by a player, it is to be exchanged for the incorrect tile. Play proceeds normally. Player is not required to play that tile.
- Permanently unplayable pieces are placed on the side of the board before drawing replacement tiles. They will not be placed on the board except to demonstrate they are unplayable and then will be exposed face up on the side of the board for the rest of the game. If an unplayable tile is drawn as a replacement, the player must wait until his next turn to discard it as unplayable.
- In the interests of speed, a player may count remaining cards in the reserve pile for all hotel chains anytime during another player's turn provided it does not interfere with play. During their own turn, the player may count a maximum of two chains.
HEATS: MOST WINS - POINTS (HMW-P):Tie-breakers are:
- Most Wins (e.g., total in all heats entered)
- Most Second Places
- Fewest total points behind first place in second place finishes. Not playing in a heat counts as an N/A for this criteria, not 0 points
- Fewest total points behind first place in all finishes. Not playing in a heat counts as an N/A for this criteria, not 0 points
- Fewest Heats
- High dice roll.