Play in as many Heats as your schedule will allow; win-lose or draw. The top 8 players based on cumulative tournament points will advance to the single elimination quarter final.
Tournament points are scored as follows (winner/loser): Draw = +1/+1, Marginal Victory = +2/0, Substantial Victory = +3/-1, & Decisive Victory = +4/-2. If a player surrenders before the end of a game, he is debited one additional loss-level while his opponent is awarded one additional victory-level. For example, a marginal victory that would normally be scored +2/0 would be amended to +3/-1 because of the surrender.
If a bye is necessary it will be awarded first to previous WBC champions in reverse chronological order of past champions present and next to the player with the highest cumulative tournament points. Players receiving a bye will be awarded tournament points the equivalent of a substantial victory (+3) and the average amount of Army Morale Points and Victory Points scored by all winning players in that game.
Where tie breaks are required, they will be awarded first according to cumulative army morale points, secondly by cumulative victory points, and finally by die roll if necessary.
- Heat 1: Guilford Courthouse (Historical Scenario)
- Heat 2: Rhode Island
- Heat 3: Germantown
- Heat 4: Saratoga (Freeman's Farm Scenario)
- Heat 5: Saratoga
- Heat 6: Saratoga (Next-Day Scenario)
- Quarter Final: Newtown (Historical Scenario)
- Semifinal: Eutaw Springs (Campaign Scenario – Match Play)
- Final: Rhode Island (Newport Scenario)
In the Semifinal players will play two games of Eutaw Springs, switching sides. The lower-seeded player in each pairing will have first choice of sides. The player with the best cumulative score after two games will be declared the winner with the right to advance to the Final.
Except in the Semifinal, sides will be determined by gentleman's agreement or by a secret bid of at-start army morale points, i.e., how many AM points you are willing to surrender to play the side you bid for. Bids of zero are permitted. If there is no clear outcome after three rounds of bidding players will roll a die and high roll has choice.
Seeding for Heat 1 will be based on AREA rating. Non-rated players will be randomly seeded at the bottom of the pool. After Heat 1 seeding will be based first on tournament points from among those players having played in previous Heats, next by AREA rating from among those players entering the tournament for the first time during the current Heat and finally randomly among the non-rated players entering the tournament for the first time during the current Heat.
- All Players: The 2022 edition of the BoAR collectable button series
- 1st Place: A tournament-used copy (foam-core board and pieces) of the Big Board Games® game-set of The Battle of Savannah
- 2nd Place: A shrink-wrapped copy of The Battle of Brandywine Creek, 2nd edition
- 3rd Place: A Rodger MacGowan autographed artist's proof of a BoAR box cover
- Best Performance by A Non-Rated Player: Four GMT Games counter trays and a random assortment of commemorative BoAR buttons from past tournaments