Recharged rules will be used on all maps.
Setup: 5-player games use 5 of the 6 board regions and 4-player use 4 of the 6; these regions are selected by each player in player order (randomly determined). There is some bad wording in the rulebook and here is how it shall be handled: each player in turn order selects a region they want to be “in play”; you can select any region with the caveat that all regions must be must be contiguous when the last player selects.
Example: 5-player game on the Italy board. P1 choose the brown boot section, P2 selects the Green northern region, and P3/P4/P5 must choose Yellow, Red, and Purple. This will help speed-up setup for some boards.
We will use 5-player games by preference, resorting to 4-player games if necessary based on the number of players.
Map choice per heat:
- Heat 1: Central Europe or France
- Heat 2: Australia or Brazil
- Heat 3: UK & Ireland or Korea
- Semifinal will be played on Baden-Wurttemberg
- Final will be played on the Middle East map.
Format: The Heats Most Wins – Points format will be used with its standard tiebreakers
Players will earn points in each heat they play in based upon their finish position as follows:
- 10 Points
- 3 Points
- 1 Points
Up to 25 players will advance to the semifinal with 5-player games.
Winner: Supply electricity to the most cities. Tie Breakers are:
- Most Money.
- Most Cities.
- Biggest/Highest power plant number (added by GM)
Event Sheet: In order for a game to count an event form must be accurately completed recording ALL pertinent info. Event form(s) will be handed out by the GM before play begins.
The 5 semifinal winners will each win a set of power grid money. The winner will win the Middle East board the final is played upon as well as a custom power grid tablecloth.
HEATS: MOST WINS - POINTS (HMW-P):Tie-breakers are:
- Most Wins (e.g., total in all heats entered)
- Most Second Places
- Fewest total points behind first place in second place finishes. Not playing in a heat counts as an N/A for this criteria, not 0 points
- Fewest total points behind first place in all finishes. Not playing in a heat counts as an N/A for this criteria, not 0 points
- Fewest Heats
- High dice roll.