BEGINNER-LEVEL EVENT: If you are not familiar with Galaxy Trucker, attend the demo to see how easy this game is to play, and then dive in.
BRING A COPY OF THE GAME: While every effort will be made to accommodate every entrant, only those bringing a copy of the game are guaranteed play. Upon checking in for a heat, please indicate to the GM if you have also brought any of the Expansions.
HEATS: Galaxy Trucker is a quick game. There will be three heats.
SINGLE ELIMINATION ROUNDS: The goal of heat play will be to advance an optimal number of players to the Semifinal. Because the game plays well with 3-5 players, the tournament director will advance between nine and 25 players, based on the number of entrants. The Semifinal tables may have different numbers of players. Only Semifinal winners will advance to the Final.
TIEBREAKERS: Advancment will be based on the Heats Most Wins - Points Standard Tiebreakers. If fewer than 25 winners, all winners, plus enough extras to evenly balance tables.
EXPANSIONS: To accommodate newer players, players in the heats may choose to play with only the base game. Semifinal and Final will use expansions. Players using the expansions will play either the Final or Semifinal scenarios as below.
- SEMIFINAL: The semifinal matches will be played with the first expansion "The Big Expansion." Players will use Class 1/2/3 ships, one Rough Road card per round, and will be dealt four Evil Machinations cards, each player inserting one per round into the deck. If it is a 5-player game, Fifth Wheel rules will be used.
- FINAL: The Final will be played with all expansions (aka Anniversary Edition, Latest Models). Ships 2C/3B/4 will be used. Evil Machinations and rough roads will be used the same as the semifinals.
Support Teams/Missions will not be used. If it is a 5-player game, Fifth Wheel rules will be used.
SPECIAL RULES: The following cards will be removed from the event decks in the interest of speeding the game and reducing table tensions. (Space Billiards, Robosmokeys)
HEATS: MOST WINS - POINTS (HMW-P):
- Most Wins (e.g., total in all heats entered)
- Total Points – Players earn the following pints in each heat they entered:
- 1st Place - 1,000 points
- 2nd Place - 100 points
- 3rd Place - 10 points
- 4th Place - 1 points
- All other places - 0 points
- e.g. player has a 1st, 2nd, and 4th in three heats: total points would be 1,101
- GM Specific Tie-breaker - None Specified
- High dice roll.