Acquiring Civilization ...
This event will use standard rules from the Hans im Glueck
(Tigris & Euphrates) and Mayfair versions of the game
which are identical. Players will probably need to win only one
game to advance. If there are 64 or fewer players, 16 will advance
to a Single Elimination semi-final round followed immediately
by the final.
Priority in advancing to the second round will be as follows:
1. Players who win their first game.
2. Players who win their second game.
3. Players who finish second in two games.
4. Players who finish second in one game.
groups 1, 2, 3 and 4 above, ties will be broken in the following
1. Total result in two games played (except group 1)
2. Reverse player order in 1st game played
3. Reverse player order in 2nd game played (except group 1)
4. Lowest tie breaker number drawn at registration. Players
who bring games will draw from numbers 1-50 and players who do
not bring games will draw from numbers 151-200.
If there are less than 16 players who have won or finished
2nd in at least one game, the semis will consist of less than
16 players with players being randomly assigned to tables.