Almost Everyone's First Wargame
Two Swiss Elimination Heats: Two preliminary heats will take
place. Both heats are open to any and all players. Five- and
six-player games are preferred, but four-player games will occur
where necessary. Six players will advance to the Final as follows:
1. Number of first place wins.
2. Final placement in all games. Example: one first place
win accompanied with one second place finish advances before
one first place win with a third place. Any first and any other
non-last place finish advances before a first only.
3. Most opponents personally eliminated from play. Example:
A winner with three eliminations advances before a winner with
4. Number of players in game. Example: Six-player game winners
advance before five-player game winners, etc.
5. Lowest number of armies received in last used set of cards.
The top six players and turn order options are seeded in the
Final using the above advancements.
1. 1999 Risk Game Edition Rules will be used. These
are the most recently published standard Risk official
2. All games will be Global Domination Games (World Conquest).
3. All games must be played to completion; World Conquest by
one player. Players may NOT forfeit or concede their position,
except when the game involves only two players.
4. Turn Order. Highest die roll goes first. Play proceeds around
the table clockwise.
5. Initial placement of armies will take place by one player
dealing out the entire deck of cards to all players. Each player
will then place one army on each territory listed on each card
in their hand. After all territories are claimed, players continue
to place two armies on their turn on any territory(ies) they
control. If ALL players at the table agree; the initial placement
of armies may take place by each player in turn, ordered by high
to low die roll, strategically choosing one territory per turn
on which to place one army.
6. All combat die rolls are simultaneous. If players roll less
than the maximum number of dice allowed for combat resolution,
they must announce the number of dice being used prior to any
dice being thrown.
7. Players will be required to count their armies in any given
territory when any other player requests the information during
their turn. The same applies to the number of cards any player
holds in their hand.
8. Turning in card sets: Players receive a maximum two extra
armies PER TURN, if they turn in a card with a territory pictured
on the card that they currently control. Armies received increase
as follows: 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 15, 20, 25, 30 and increasing by
five from that point forward. You must turn in a set of cards,
if you have five cards at the beginning of your turn. You must
immediately turn in a set of cards, if you have six or more cards
at any time during your turn. If you have five cards, but draw
up to six at the end of your turn, you must turn in one matched
set at the beginning of your next turn; and you may turn in two
matched sets if you have them.
9. Diplomacy and negotiations are encouraged and are an integral
part of most games. All negotiations MUST take place at the table
for all players to hear. "Secret" negotiations amongst
two players or away from the table are NOT permitted.
10. The score sheet provided by the GM must be filled out in
order for the game to count towards tournament play. The score
sheet will be used to aid in determining player advancement to
the Final GM will fill out * items.
Check the ALTERNATE LIST on the event kiosk in the Paradise
terrace hallway to determine your chances to advance to the Final.
For a dedicated weekend of RISK play, check out the
official RISK championships at http://www.risktoc.org
Location: The Best Western - Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, 700
They annually offer a cash prize of $500. Anyone wishing to
reserve rooms must specify International RISK Championship Rates.
Room rate for our weekend (depending on night of stay) run from
$55 to $85 per night. Registration fees are $45 per person, and
include beverages all weekend. Saturday afternoon brunch supplied
by our group, all other food is players responsibility.
To receive a brochure regarding this years event please e-mail
them at Risktoc@fast.net