Almost everyone's first wargame
The original wargaming classic. Although new to our convention,
Keith Levy has GM'd RISK for five years at Prezcon.
Two Swiss Elimination Heats: Two preliminary heats will take
place. Both heats are open to any and all players. Six-player
games are preferred. Five-player games will be allowed to accomodate
total number of entrants. Players with two wins will advance
first. If less than six advance, then players with one win and
the best scoring record will advance to the final game of six.
1. 1993 RISK Edition Rules will be used. (These are the most
recently updated official rules from Parker Brothers.)
2. All games will be World Domination Games (World Conquest).
3. All games must be played to completion; World Conquest by
one player. Players may NOT forfeit or concede their position,
unless the game involves only two players.
4. Initial placement of armies will take place by one player
dealing out the entire deck of Risk cards to all players. Each
player will then place one army on each territory listed on each
card in their hand. If ALL players at the table agree; the initial
placement of armies may take place by each player in turn, ordered
by high to low die roll, strategically choosing one territory
5. All combat die rolls are simultaneous. If players roll less
than the maximum number of dice allowed for combat resolution,
they must announce the number of dice being used prior to any
dice being thrown.
6. Players will be required to reveal their armies in any given
territory when any other player requests the information during
their turn. The same applies to the number of cards any player
holds in their hand.
7. The official score sheet must be completed in order for the
game to count towards tournament play. The official score sheet
is used to aid in determining player advancement to the final
round in the case of less than six players with two wins.
8. Any player that temporarily leaves the game, must designate
another player to roll their defensive die while absent.