Ra-ta-tat-tat ... and other assorted
combat sound effects optional
Kursk: August 1943. The men were poised at the edge of the
street, ready to make the assault. The Russian Lieutenant stood
up and made the signal to advance. As the squads ran across the
street, German machineguns and rifles opened fire, mowing the
men down. The Russians died in the streets, the last hope of
taking the village gone with their last breath. What end of the
barrel will you be on this year?
This is Squad Leader, a game of WWII tactical combat in Europe.
Now you make the instant decisions resulting in life or death
of your men, victory or defeat for your army, for you are the
Squad Leader. You direct the fire of your squad, select your
plan of attack, or set your defenses against massed Russian human
wave or armor assaults. Will that hedgerow provide adequate cover
for your flanking efforts, or will your men be cut down by the
American machinegun position in the woods?
The decision is irrevocable and yours alone. You must live or
die by the results.
This Squad Leader tournament provides you with two goals.
One is to defeat your enemy in each battle and to be crowned
the champion of this year's competition. Each round will consist
of three scenarios from which to choose. One player will pick
the scenario and the opponent will pick the side.
The second goal is to raise the rank of your Personal Leader
Counter (PLC) to the highest possible standing. Each act of daring
or cowardice by your PLC will not go unnoticed on this battlefield.
Who will have the highest rankest PLC at the end? Will he get
there through acts of bravado or by steadily pushing his men
to greatness? You will decide.
Tournament Selected Scenarios PLC Benefit
1. Scenario 1: The Guards Counterattack o+
2. Alan Yngve's Scenario Alpha 1: Forced March o+
3. On All Fronts Scenario 35.1: Russia 1941 oo
1. Scenario 2: The Tractor Works o+
2. Alan Yngve's Scenario Beta 2: Hasty Assault o+
3. On All Fronts Scenario 36.1: Stalingrad, 20 Oct 42 +o
1. Scenario 7: Buchholz Station oo
2. On All Fronts Scenario 18.3: Marvie oo
3. Bill Thomson's Scenario: Forced Entry oo
1. Scenario 10: Hitdorf on the Rhine oo
2. On All Fronts Scenario 48.2: Counterattack oo
3. Scenario 8: Bitche Salient oo
PLC Benefit note: First position is for the Germans and the
second position is for the Allies. A "o" means there
would be no change if an 8-1 PLC replaces the 8-1 force leader.
A "+" means a benefit might occur, i.e. a 8-1 PLC would
replace an 8-0 force leader.