||Last updated May 27, 2019.
|You may play if you have read the rules, played previously, or participated in a scheduled demo. Be on time for the scheduled demonstration. The GM will remain for only 15 minutes if no one is present.
|Demo 1/4||FSu||16||1||Exhibit Hall Annex 3|
|Demo 2/4||Mo||10||1||Exhibit Hall Annex 1|
|Demo 3/4||Mo||18||1||Exhibit Hall Annex 1|
|Demo 4/4||Tu||20||1||Exhibit Hall Annex 2|
|Round 1/4||Th||13||2||Foggy Goggle Front|
|Round 2/4||Th||16||2||Foggy Goggle Front|
|Round 3/4||Fr||13||2||Foggy Goggle Front|
|Round 4/4||Fr||15||2||Foggy Goggle Front|
ENTER THE ARENA WITH NEW TOURNAMENT RULES!
- Advanced rules including spellbooks and mage abilities will be used in ALL rounds. There will NOT BE Apprentice rounds of play this year
- There will be four rounds of 90-minute matches this year. Two rounds are scheduled for Tournament Day 1 and two rounds for Tournament Day 2
- The winner of Initiative during the first turn of the game can either keep the Initiative Marker or give the Initiative to the opponent
- Cast a Spell action - change the wording in the end of Pay Cost Step
- From: If you cannot pay all of the costs, the spell is cancelled and discarded, and you have lost the action
- To: If you cannot pay all of the costs, the spell is cancelled and returned to your spellbook, and you have lost the action
- Steep Hill - The Steep Hill will block Line of Sight if you cast a spell and it goes diagonal through two corners of the zone
- Force Pull (Mage Ability) - Once per round, the Forcemaster may cast this quick Force spell. Target creature is Pushed 1 zone towards the source of this spell. Will not Push a creature through a wall with the Passage Attack trait
- Trample Attack
- If a Flying creature attacks a non-Flying object, it loses Flying until the end of the attack
- Elusive Creatures can ignore guards when making a Trample Attack
- Defenses that do not work against Melee Attacks cannot be used during the Avoid Attack step. However, all other types of Defenses may be used
MAGE AND SPELLBOOK SELECTION
- Players are no longer limited to playing the four mages in the Arena Core Set. Any of the Arena mages can be selected at the beginning of Round 1. The mage selected by the player will be used for the entire tournament. Note â€“ this greatly increases the set of spells that may be included in your spellbook. Only spell cards published in the Arena Core Set or one of the official expansions for Arena are allowed. Promo cards and Academy cards are still not allowed for this tournament
- Players with a copy of the game can register a custom spellbook with the GM during any demo round or during the registration period at the start of Round 1. The spellbook registration form is available online at https://www.dropbox.com/s/5s9ilknu0baqpez/Spellbook%20Registration%20Sheet%20V2.pdf?dl=0 or printed copies will be provided by the GM during Demos and Round 1.
- Players who do not have a copy of the game may use a standard spellbook published in the expansion set for the desired mage. Availability of expansion mages and spellbooks will be based on the willingness of other players to share their cards during a match. The GM will have some standard spellbooks available for use on a first come, first served basis. These may be reserved ahead of time during a scheduled demo session
TOURNAMENT SCORING SYSTEM
- Complete the Scoring Card at the end of each round and return to Gamemaster. Tournament Points (TP) are awarded for each round using the highest of the following:
- 5 TP - Killing the opponent mage
- 3 TP - Highest remaining health (Life minus damage)
- 1 TP - Lowest remaining health
- 1 TP - If remaining health is tied
- Tie-breakers for ranking players are, in priority order from highest to lowest:
- Highest Number of Kills (i.e. scoring 5 TP in a Match)
- Highest Total TP of Opponents Played (i.e. who faced the toughest opponents)
High Roll of 12-sided die
- Players will be paired each round based on their ranking of total points scored over all rounds of tournament play. Demos do not score TPs for players
ADDITIONAL PRIZES: Prizes provided by Arcane Wonders, a sponsor of this tournament.
Additional prizes are planned for the top 6 players at the end of the tournament along with random door prizes awarded in each round.